Monday 2 January 2012

A New Light-by Mimi

Psoriasis? Flaky, red, itchy and inflamed skin? Joint pains? Anyway that’s all a new term for me (back then I mean). I found out that psoriasis is basically a skin disease when rapid production of skin cells that is triggered by abnormal lymphocytes from the blood. Hmm…that is the purpose of the medication I was prescribed to. The doctor told me that they should help me “clean up my blood”. I felt as if I am a vampire or something but I guess that was his layman term in explaining the situation to me so that I won’t panic.

I also found out that psoriasis commonly affects your knees, ankles, elbow and that explained why mine is so flaky and hideous all the time. But before knowing this I thought I was not cleaning myself hard enough. I used to brush my ankles and knees long and hard until my skin bled and became raw. That was 20 years ago, I never do that anymore because I know it is not because of my hygiene. But I can vouch for it, after taking Transfer factor from 4Life Research that part of the area is still hideous but not as bad as before (besides it only has been 3 months since I started taking TF).

I learned that there are several different types of psoriasis including psoriasis vulgaris (normal type), pustular psoriasis (something like small blisters), guttate psoriasis (small, drop like spots) and inverse psoriasis (in the folds like of the underarms, breast, navel, and buttocks which normally makes your skin so smooth and red or inflamed).

Don’t ask me which one I have because honestly I don’t know. All I can tell you is that at first my psoriasis affected my whole body and face with inflamed wounds, skin breaks and flakes. After the treatment it all seems to subside except for my scalp, knees, ankles and elbow and I have been living with it since. Then a few years back I had a huge outbreak at my thigh, navel, butt and under my breasts. The doctor gave me pills and topical cream to soothe the skin. The outbreak seems to have subsided but there is still a huge area on my thigh and butt; where my skin cells are still affected by psoriasis. I am telling you it is hard to lecture a group of students when your skin is experiencing that uncomfortable burning sensation.

The scars were very noticeable; I have tried everything and all sorts of creams to make the scars fade away. I learned to live with the scars and have been trying hard to prevent any further outbreaks. These all changed when I started taking 4Life Transfer Factor about 3 months back, I also applied their lotion called 4Life Enummi and guess what?!! My thighs and butt are now cleared without any scars in sight and I feel great because I no longer live with the fear of scraping my scars unnecessarily whenever I put on clothes. Isn’t it grand??

Looking at the different perspective with all the things that had happened to me, I would be fooling you if I say that I am peachy about everything. My mood swing was like a roller coaster especially when it comes to my perspective towards life (doc says the effect of the steroids could explain the mood swings but I like to think it is me instead of the tablet).  As I grow older, I think God would have never tested me on all of this if I couldn’t endure it. I guess I am lucky to have experienced this and I won’t take things for granted since I now will have to compromise a large part of my life with psoriasis. So I guess no matter what just be thankful for everything you have and do and take time to do the small stuff just to remind ourselves that we are human.
Even though we need reminders that we are just human sometimes its fun to be ANYTHING BUT human..that's me with Syidah the Pirate..


Later,
Mimi

2 comments:

  1. I am regularly gotten some information about Pemphigus Natural Treatment in any case; really, the wording of this request makes me somewhat uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day everyone, two months ago  I was diagnosed with (urethral cancer), which had caused me a great deal of pain and pressure on my bladder. My doctor insisted that there was no other choice but to go under the knife. So everyday I was online searching for herbal medication. I never want to undergo any surgery. so. I have so many testimonies on how they were healed by dr. Imoloa herbal medication. without wasting time i contacted him (dr. Imoloa). on how to get the herbal remedies. I received the herbal package in less than a month, and I followed the steps and procedure on how I should be taking it. and one months later I was scheduled for an ultrasound check: it was shocking. The cancer had completely gone, I had consulted my doctor and canceled the surgery and with your dedicated counseling guidance I managed to completely treat the urethral cancer, along with the pain and anxiety that this condition had inflicted on me. a big thanks to God almighty, thank you Dr. Imoloa for the powerful herbal medication you have to cure people. you reach him on Email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com WhatsApp number- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete