Sunday 19 February 2012

Dancing with Psoriasis by Mimi


It’s been a while since I wrote anything in this blog. What have I been up to lately? Practically busy doing a bit of this and that. Let’s talk about the weather for a second (I know, it's interesting right?! Hahahah); when the weather changes from cold to hot; my psoriasis will also act up. So far, after taking 4Life Transfer Factor for nearly about 7 months, my skin has not had an outbreak since then.

Anyway, I am busy preparing myself for the dance examination Silver Level in July. Like I told you before, I appraised as 'highly commended' for my bronze level dance exam. The only problem that was highlighted by the examiner was that my ankles are weak to point and turn when dancing. So basically I have about 5-6 months left to learn new dance and routines plus try to strengthen my ankles.

I remembered when it was the crunch time last year, both of my feet were swollen especially my ankles. They were so swollen I could not fit in my dancing shoes. Thank God on the day of the exam I could just manage to fit in my dancing shoes and dance. My instructor told me my feet are “flat footed” so I need to have a sole specially customized for my feet. I asked her, why do that the swell come on and off? I noticed that it did not  only swell due to rigorous training. Sometimes my ankles started to flare up just by climbing the stairs . Asked my doctor about it, one look at my ankles, he said that was due to psoriasis. It will flare up and swell every now and then. That’s why my feet and ankles are so hideous all the time.

Above picture is my ankle - swelling and the skin cracking up..

This is my hideous feet swelled up like little sausages and the skin is so dried. Am so embarrassed.

Currently, in my dancing class, we are studying the dance called PasoDoble, here the ladies will dance as if they were either the bull or the cape hence, and you need to have a good straight posture and strong ankles to do the sharp turns. I thought for sure “there goes my ankles”.

For warming up my instructor made us dance to fast and long routines such as Mr. Sexobeat, Dedication to my Ex, Jai Ho (Long routine but cool) etc. A lot of jumps, hops, flicks, points (I think I dance till my tongue fell out hahah);  surprisingly, my ankles do not swell like balloons anymore. Still weak but even that is a huge improvement and I could feel that they are much stronger and I could climb the stairs faster without feeling like I am carrying a heavy luggage at the end of my feet. Right now I am trying the 4Life Enummi Body Lotion for my ankles to reduce the crack and dry skins on my feet and ankles. Will let you know how the progress of my skins soon.

On the lighter note, I would like to share the lyric : I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack. This lyric and song means a whole lot to me I hope for you to.

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed;

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
I hope you dance...I hope you dance...

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance,
Never settle for the path of least resistance,
Living might mean taking chances but they're worth taking,
Loving might be a mistake but it's worth making;

Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter,
When you come close to selling out reconsider,
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance;

I hope you dance...I hope you dance..
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along, tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone)



Hope you like the song as much as I did, I forget to mentioned last Sunday 12 Feb 2012 Sabrena and I join a Flash Mob at Sunway Pyramid for a couple’s 60th Anniversary. Hah, it was so cool!! We dance to the September song by Earth Wind and Fire. I am so happy I could hop without damaging my ankles anymore. It’s was quite of an experience. Take care and till then .

 Me chilling out, after the Flash Mob..still in one piece hahaha

Later, 
Mimi

4 comments:

  1. Hello there,

    You are doing great! Thanks for sharing this :)

    I'm recovering from this P, and I LOVE dancing! Me too, going through the same problem as yours, and I do understand how you feel. :)

    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sasha..

    Thanks for the uplifting comment..:) You too take care and remember never stop doing what you love because of P..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep fighting and go for your dreams. Make pictures of psoriasis just a memory in your mind while performing your dance. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same problem with you. I used psoriasis cream for it.

    ReplyDelete