Sunday 19 February 2012

All’s in the Past by Sabrena

Frankly, I had no idea what I was doing or what I was looking for when I made that decision that day. I just resigned to giving fate a chance. So there I was being extremely and weirdly obese, with huge  stretch marks in the most unimaginable places, having difficulty to climb up even three steps of stairs let alone a whole flight of them, feeling miserable and wanting to be left alone most of the time. I hated to look at myself in the mirror and lost interest to even make myself presentable to work. Mimi as always tried to cheer me up while Syahidah and other friends tried to make me feel normal. Most treated me kindly though I still get stared at like a freak.

A few weeks after the hospital, a friend of ours asked Mimi and I to meet her up for lunch. It has been quite sometime since we met and I welcomed the idea. We were introduced to another friend of hers who explained that my autoimmune disorder is due to an over reactive immune system where the immune system could not differentiate which is a foreign virus or bacteria to attack or have problems in deciding the amount of white blood cells to be sent to a particular area. It is the opposite of cancer where the immune system is too low that it could not defend itself or allows a foreign cell etc to manifest itself.

After the lengthy explanation, the friend introduced us to 4Life’s Transfer Factor. A non-plant based supplement used to improve overall health. Considering the crash I had and I would not dare touch anything that could boost my immune system in any way, I decided to give it a try. I was sure that my body system would need all the help it could get to overcome the shock it had to undergo. What have I got to lose?

I have been taking 4Life’s Transfer Factor for seven months now, and I have to say that I am no longer taking my diabetes and high-blood pressure meds. I am still on Azathioprine and Prednisone though since my pemphigus vulgaris of the oral mucosa is still with me and I need them to keep the oral inflammation controlled. I shed a few kilos and though stretch marks are still there, at least it is not as angry as it was then. I have to say, my quality of life and health has improved since I could climb stairs and I get to occasionally enjoy some sweet drinks instead of settling for warm plain water all the time. (I don’t drink carbonated drinks.) I started to join my dance classes again since my knee pain has improved and I could walk faster too.

Guess this whole experience has taught me to appreciate what I have and value the friendships I have. Despite the adversities I had to endure, I was lucky that I have a strong support system and I was eventually introduced to something which helped me regain my health, slowly but surely. It is one of life’s creative ways of teaching me to endure and have faith I think. Not that my journey is over. 

 me before being admitted.







After two weeks being discharged from the hospital, still puffy.




After one month taking 4Life Transfer Factor. The color on my skin is back.






After 4 months of 4Life Transfer Factor, no more steroid induced diabetic and high blood, no more puffiness (except for the cheeks), no more water retention..thank goodness.






Below are my pictures recently. I gain my confidence back, happier, lighter (hahaha) and healthier. Till next time...


                       Mimi and I (picture taken in December)


Most recent photo (Jan)
xoxo,
Invictus

No comments:

Post a Comment